The Sports Central FaceOff
With Jeff Falconio on vacation, Doug Russell faces off with Greg Matzek. These week's topics:
- The Bucks appear to be no worse than they were last season, if not better on paper after a busy offseason. But were those moves the right moves or should have have completely rebuilt and played for a high pick in next summer's draft?
- The NBA's deadline to use your Amnesty Waiver is next Tuesday. Its been long speculated they would use this waiver on Drew Gooden. Will Drew Gooden be a part of the team next season or will the Bucks use their amnesty waiver on him?
- Given how global the game of baseball has become, should MLB adopt a North American vs World roster format for the All Star game, similar to the NHL? (this would eliminate the home field advantage fiasco as well)
- The Brewers season has been full of bad luck with injuries, but with many of their core group getting older and closer to the end of their contracts (Hart, Weeks, Ramirez) and a farm system that lacks the prospects it featured a decade ago, has the window closed on the Brewers?
- Who is the leader in the Packers secondary now?