Traveling beer garden to hit Milwaukee Co. Parks
MILWAUKEE -- A traveling beer garden is hitting Milwaukee County.
The traveling truck, equipped with 10 on-tap beers, will visit six different parks in the county -- each for a two-week season -- June 4 through August 24.
"...This is sort of a tradition and culture that people love to come out and enjoy ... it's a family atmosphere, a chance to meet and greet, maybe even a chance to visit parks they haven't been to before," said Milwaukee County Parks Director John Dargle.
The opening day at each location will feature free Sprecher beer and root beer, live music and a keg tapping. The first stop on the tour, today, will be at Root River Parkway South, Picnic Area #1 (near 92nd and College) with a keg tapping at 4 p.m.
1. June 4 - June 15 Root River Pkwy South - 92nd St. & College Ave. by Picnic Area #1
2. June 18 - June 29 McKinley Park - 1750 N. Lincoln Memorial Dr. by the Covered Picnic Area
3. July 2 - July 13 Doctors Park - 1870 E. Fox Ln. in Fox Point by Picnic Area #3
4. July 16 - July 27 Red Arrow Park - 920 N. Water St. on the Plaza
5. July 30 - Aug 10 Greene Park - 4235 S. Lipton Ave. by the Comfort Station
6. Aug 13 - Aug 24 Falk Park - 2013 W. Rawson Ave. by the Pavilion
Hours are 4-10 p.m. Monday-Friday and 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.