Milwaukee apartment building evacuated due to carbon monoxide leak

CREATED May 1, 2014

  • Print
  • Play

MILWAUKEE -- An apartment building on Milwaukee's south side has been evacuated due to a carbon monoxide leak.  

The building is located at 26th Street and Morgan Avenue.  

An alarm picked up the carbon monoxide around 6 a.m. Thursday.

The Milwaukee Fire Department said a "significant amount" of the deadly gas was detected.

There were no injuries.

Investigators now are working to figure out where the leak is coming from.

TODAY'S TMJ4 will provide updates as they become available.