Marquette students evacuated after gas leak on campus
UPDATE: The gas has now been shut off and students and employees have re-entered the building, according to Cathy Schulze with We Energies.
Schulze said a one inch service line was was hit by construction company working on campus.
MILWAUKEE -- We Energies and the Milwaukee Fire Department responded to a gas leak in Johnston Hall on the Marquette University campus Wednesday morning.
The gas leak was likely caused when a construction company working on campus hit a gas line, officials say. Students were evacuated from Johnston Hall until the gas was turned off.
Several emergency vehicles responded to the scene, as the MU Wire reported on Twitter.
Milwaukee Fire Department is outside Johnston Hall inspecting a gas leak. pic.twitter.com/N6wGJ02GOO— MU_Wire (@MU_Wire) January 15, 2014
Check back to TODAY'S TMJ4 for updates.