List of communities with running water notices
MILWAUKEE - Several area communities are asking residents to keep the water running in their homes, in order to prevent pipes from freezing and cracking.
Here's a list of what we know so far:
- City of Burlington - Recommending all customers keep an inside cold water faucet running at all times.
- City of Fond du Lac - Asking all customers to run water 5 minutes straight, at least three times per day.
- Village of Hartland - Advising residents to run water at one faucet constantly.
- Town of Plymouth - Ordering all homeowners to run water 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. The stream should be about a pencil-width wide.
- City of Juneau - Residents should keep a faucet running continuously.
- City of West Bend - Residents are asked to run a faucet 5 minutes straight, at least 3 times per day.
- City of Waukesha - Homeowners should run a faucet at full flow for 5-6 minutes each day, at least 5-6 times per day.
- Village of Waterford - Limit the risk of line damage by running a constant stream of water the size of a pencil lead.
Has your city asked you to keep the water running? Let us know in the comments below.