Gas leak causes evacuation in Fond Du Lac neighborhood
FOND DU LAC -- Several homes in a Fond Du Lac neighborhood were evacuated Tuesday afternoon after the smell of gas was reported by a letter carrier.
Initial investigation revealed the smell was coming from a home in the neighborhood, according to the city of Fond Du Lac Fire/Rescue.
Firefighters found high levels of natural gas and ventilated structure to provide safe environment.
There was no one at home at the time of the call and there were no reported injuries, officials said.