Four people injured after house fire in Racine

CREATED Jul 30, 2014

  • Print

RACINE -- Four people were injured, including a firefighter, following a house fire in Racine overnight.

The fire happened around midnight in the 1500 block of Owen Avenue.

Firefighters said an electrical failure in an outlet sparked the fire in a second floor bedroom.

Three adults in the house suffered minor burns and smoke inhalation, and were transported to area hospitals for treatment. Their condition is unknown at this time.

The Racine firefighter was injured by falling glass. He was treated for a laceration to his head and has since returned to duty.

The fire was controlled in about 30 minutes, according to the Racine Fire Department.

The home suffered about $45,000 in damages.