Harley-Davidson's 110th anniversary: schedule of events
MILWAUKEE - There are lots of events happening in the Brew City this weekend as Harley-Davidson's 110th anniversary turns the lakefront into one giant party. Here you can see some of the many events that are taking place.
Thursday, August 29
- "Welcome Home" for riders
- 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Location: highway overpasses throughout the Milwaukee area. The community is encouraged to create their own sign or pick up a free Welcome Home banner at the Harley-Davidson Museum and at local Harley-Davidson dealerships.
- Official Kick-Off to the 110th Anniversary Celebration & Bike Night
- 5:40 p.m. Location: Harley-Davidson Museum
- Summerfest grounds open at noon with entertainment and vendors. Headliner: Toby Keith
Friday, August 30
- Summerfest grounds open at noon with entertainment and vendors. Headliner: Aerosmith
- Rock the Harbor Block Party. 3-11pm in downtown Port Washington on Franklin and Washington Streets
- Port Washington will bring a national music act, food, beverages, shopping and entertainment to its downtown. Country artist Darryl Worley will be playing at 8 p.m.
Saturday, August 31
- Parade - starts 9:55 a.m.
- The parade route starts at Miller Park and gradually makes its way to Wisconsin Avenue, then ends up at the Summerfest grounds.
- Summerfest grounds open at noon with entertainment and vendors. Headliner: Kid Rock
- UFC 164 Harley Davidson Throwdown - 7pm at BMO Harris Bradley Center
Sunday, September 1
- Summerfest grounds are open from noon - 11:30 p.m.
- Street parties will be held on Juneau Ave. from Edison to Water