Gas leak causes Racine county evacuations
NORWAY, Wis. - A number of Racine County residents had to be evacuated Saturday afternoon after a reported gas leak.
Racine County sheriff's deputies asked everyone living in a one-block radius of the leak outside 7220 W. Wind Lake Road in the Town of Norway to voluntarily get out, starting around 12:15pm.
A caller told police they had accidentally hit a natural gas line with an auger.
WE Engeries, along with the Wind Lake and Tichigan fire departments responded to the scene.
Residents were allowed back into their homes shortly before 4:00pm Saturday.