Three-alarm fire in Oconomowoc
OCONOMOWOC - Firefighters battled a three-alarm fire at a home in Oconomowoc.
The fire department says that the fire happened at a home on Allen Road.
The fire began at about 7:45 a.m. Monday morning. Authorities tell us that no one was inside the home when the fire began.
Officials say 15 fire departments came to assist in putting the fire out.
Their biggest problem: there was no fire hydrant in the area.
"What we were doing is to rely on tankers to bring the water into the scene for us," explained Oconomowoc Fire Chief David Beguhn to TODAY'S TMJ4.
Police had to close off streets in the area while firefighters battled the fire.
Authorities did not initially know the cause of the fire.
"There was a chimney in the area," explained Beguhn. "We have to investigate to see if it was that or some other type of heating unit."