Medical examiner releases cause of death of woman who was found dead in ice shanty
CHILTON - A 30-year-old woman died Saturday, Feb. 2, after being found unresponsive in an ice shanty on Lake Winnebago. A 37-year-old man was also found unresponsive but taken to the hospital.
Monday, the medical examiner found that the woman, Sara Meyer of Chilton, died as a result of Carbon Monoxide intoxication.
The Calumet County Sheriff is urging fishermen to use caution when heating their fishing shanties.
"Anglers should make sure their heating equipment is in good working order and vented properly to avoid these types of tragedies," said Sheriff Ott.
While the investigation is ongoing, authorities do not suspect foul play.