Cold hampers firefighters battling house fire in Waukesha County

CREATED Feb 1, 2013

  • Print
  • Video by wtmj.com

    Play

MILWAUKEE - Dangerously cold temperatures made it tough for firefighters to put out a house fire in Eagle.

The roads getting to the home in Waukesha County iced over, and extra tanks had to assist due to freezing water.

Even ambulances came to the scene to help keep firefighters warm.

Witnesses tell TODAY'S TMJ4 the family of three who live at the home escaped the fire without injury.

Authorities say the fire started in a natural fireplace in the basement.