Thursday afternoon fire at collision repair center in Glendale causes over $100,000 in damage
GLENDALE - Just after 2:30 p.m. Thursday, a fire broke out at the Andrew Automotive Collision Repair Center in Glendale.
"First arriving crews found heavy black smoke pushing from the structure and the incident commander upgraded the call to a working incident to bring additional fire companies to the scene," said Dan Tyk with North Shore Fire and Rescue.
Fire crews extinguished the fire and later found that it started in a car painting booth within the building.
"It appears that a static charge ignited painting fumes within the booth starting the fire," said Tyk. "The damage estimate to the booth and the structure is estimated at approximately $100,000."
No one was injured in the fire.