Zoo Interchange reconstruction underway with Greenfield Avenue closure
MILWAUKEE - Huge changes are coming to the Zoo Interchange, one of the busiest parts of the Milwaukee County freeway system.
Construction crews have closed Greenfield Avenue over U.S. 45/I-894.
- All the changes to the interchange
- All detours around Greenfield Avenue closure
- Schedule of changes during late January
- MCTS route changes
- What Zoo Interchange will look like when completed
- More info from Wis. DOT | DOT video of interchange reconstruction
They have begun preparations to take the bridge down. The bridge demolition will happen Friday night.
About 600,000 drivers each weekday will have to find an alternate way around the construction area, at least until the time of the Wisconsin State Fair in early August.
The move is the first part of a massive project to rebuild the Zoo Interchange.