Breaking News

Investigators to hold 3:00 news conference in Benjamin Sebena arrest

CREATED Dec 27, 2012 - UPDATED: Dec 27, 2012

  • Print
  • Video by

  • Jennifer Lynn Sebena is shown with husband Ben Sebena. Image by Framegrab from YouTube

  • Ben Sebena's original booking photo.

  • Jennifer Lynn Sebena is shown with husband Ben Sebena. Image by Framegrab from YouTube

  • Jennifer Lynn Sebena

  • Lt. Gerald Witkowski from the Wauwatosa Police Department, gives press conference about Wauwatosa Police Officer City Hall. Officer Jennifer Lynn Sebena was shot and killed this morning. Image by Angela Peterson

WAUWATOSA - We expect to hear word soon about charges in the murder of a Wauwatosa Police officer on Christmas Eve.

Wauwatosa Police confirm that Benjamin Sebena has been arrested and booked into the Milwaukee County Jail on a tentative 1st degree intentional homicide charge for the death of his wife, Jennifer, on Christmas Eve.

Officials from the Wauwatosa Police Department and Wisconsin Department of Justice will hold a news conference at 3:00 this afternoon to discuss the latest on their investigation.

Jennifer Sebena was on duty at the time of her murder.  Police say she was found shot multiple times outside a fire station in downtown Wauwatosa early Christmas Eve.

Sources tell TODAY'S TMJ4 that Sebena confessed to killing his wife.

The District Attorney's office will now review the case and make a decision on whether to file charges.  Once the DA files charges, we will likely get a better idea about exactly what led Benjamin to kill his wife.

Benjamin Sebena is a former Marine who served two tours in Iraq.  He was wounded during his second tour.

On a video posted on YouTube, he talked about his time in Iraq and about meeting Jennifer.  Click Here to watch the video.

On the video, Sebena talks about finding Sebena on MySpace while he was in Iraq.

"On MySpace, I found a girl that I used to go to high school with and she was cute so I sent a little thing like, 'Hey, I'm a Marine. I'm in Iraq. How ya doin?' And she sent back like, 'Ok, I'm good.' So that didn't work, but I'm a Marine, so I kept on trying. So every day we kept on writing each other emails back and forth, if not two or three of them a day. And then Feb. 3 of 2005 happened."

That's the day a mortar round hit just outside the area he was sitting.  He suffered deep shrapnel wounds to his shoulder, chest, knee and face.

During the time he was recovering, the two continued to talk.

"I came back home to Wisconsin and started spending more time with Jen and our love flourished. We became actually infatuated with each other and then one day I asked her if she would be happy to spend the rest of her life with me and she said yes."

They got married and started attending Elmbrook Church and taking classes for young couples.

Our team is working to develop new information and we'll have more through the day.  Be sure to check back.