Fire rips through home in Racine

CREATED Dec 22, 2012

  • Print
  • File graphic

RACINE - A family of four is without a home just days before Christmas.  Fire ripped through their house on McKinley Avenue late Friday.

Firefighter say the fire in the home started on the first floor and then spread to most of the second before they got it under control.  At one point, fire was coming from three sides of the home.

The family wasn't home at the time of the fire.  No one was hurt.

The Red Cross is helping the family.