Plea deal for man accused in Montee Ball attack
Video by wtmj.com
Montee Ball (28) scores a touchdown in the second half as the University of Wisconsin celebrates a 70-31 win over uring the 2012 Big Ten Championship football game at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana, Saturday, December , 2012. The winner will represent the Big Ten in the Rose Bowl. Journal Sentinel photo by Rick Wood/RWOOD@JOURNALSENTINEL.COM Image by Rick Wood
MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- One of three men accused of attacking Wisconsin running back Montee Ball in August has reached a deal with prosecutors.
Twenty-one-year-old Wendell Venerable of Madison is scheduled for a plea hearing Dec. 17. His lawyer, Brian Hough, told the Wisconsin State Journal (http://bit.ly/TKfF4A) he could not comment on the agreement, but confirmed Friday that one had been reached.
Venerable is charged with substantial battery for the alleged Aug. 1 attack. Two other men charged in the case -- 22-year-old Robert A. Wilks and 21-year-old Deonte J. Wilson, both of Madison -- are scheduled for trial on Dec. 17.
The three are charged with attacking Ball as he walked behind two friends, leaving Ball unconscious and with a concussion. Ball has said he does not remember the attack.