10 adults hospitalized following HazMat situation at St. Mary's Grade School
BURLINGTON - The City of Burlington Police Department was on the scene of a hazardous materials situation at St. Mary's Grade School Friday afternoon.
Fire officials tell TODAY'S TMJ4 that workers mixed a couple of cleaning solutions that are not supposed to be combined.
City of Burlington Fire Chief Richard Lodle says that the combination of dish water with soap and chlorine bleach caused the chemical reaction.
10 adults were treated at a local hospital for inhalation of chemical fumes. The adults complained of having flu-like symptoms. All have been released from the hospital.
More than 300 students were evacuated to Catholic Central High School next door.