Glendale brewery wins six medals at national beer competition
GLENDALE - The Sprecher Brewing company says they have earned three gold medals, three bronze medals and the ranking of 8th best brewery among competitors at a major American beer event.
Sprecher says it earned gold medals in these categories:
- Schwartzbier (Black Bavarian)
- Dopple/Strong Bock (Dopple Bock)
- Belgian Wit (Chameleon Witty)
It also took bronze medals for:
- English Pale Ale (Hooligan)
- Belgian Lambic (Kriek Lambic)
- Munchner Dark/Dark (Winter Brew)
Sprecher's beers competed among 1,650 beers in 65 different categories.
“This competition is significant because it accepts entries from breweries around the world and allows national winning homebrewers to compete, “said Dow Scoggins, director of the U.S. Open Beer Championships, in a statement provided by Sprecher.