Deadly Caledonia house fire caused by smoking materials
CALEDONIA- A 77-year-old man died in a house fire Monday evening.
According to Caledonia police and fire, the flames started in the home's living room from "smoking materials."
Police officers had responded to the fire in the 3500 block of N. Green Bay Rd., but were initially unable to enter the home because of the heavy smoke. Fire personnel located the man in the home. He was taken to Wheaton Franciscan and was later pronounced dead.
The fire remains under investigation.