Three month-old girl electrocuted in co-sleeping incident
Three month-old girl electrocuted in co-sleeping incident Video by wtmj.comvideo
Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett (left) and Commissioner of Health Bevan Baker announce the city's goal to reduce the city's infant mortality rate to historic lows. In the foreground, the city's new safe-sleep ads. Photo by Tom Lynn/TLYNN@JOURNALSENTINEL.COM. Image by Tom Lynn
MILWAUKEE - A three-month old infant died in a co-sleeping incident on Milwaukee's north side, The Medical County Examiner's Office said Sunday.
The girl was found wedged between an adult bed and a wall after sleeping with her mother and another child early Friday morning in a home in the 2800 block of W. Atkinson Ave.
According to the Medical Examiner's report, the girl "was then electrocuted after coming into contact with the baseboard heater, metal leg of the bed frame, and a worn extension cord with exposed wire."
The Medical Examiner's Office determined that the cause of death was accidental "low voltage electrocution."