Construction means major changes around Mitchell Interchange
MILWAUKEE - If you travel the Mitchell Interchange to switch freeways between I-43, I-94 and I-894 (or some combination thereof), the way you travel in, onto and off of it may change dramatically beginning Sunday.
- People who normally get on that freeway from College Avenue or the Airport Spur will be forced travel onto the new tunnel that takes people onto westbound I-894.
Travelers will instead have to take Howell Avenue or travel south to Rawson Avenue to get onto northbound I-94.
From eastbound I-43/894 to southbound I-94:
- Drivers will take a new ramp to southbound I-94 that will access College Avenue and the Airport Spur.
- People will not be able to drive onto the Airport Spur or College Avenue.
- Drivers will instead need to exit southbound I-94 at Howard Avenue, go east on Howard to Howell Avenue and head south to Mitchell International Airport or College Avenue.
- Drivers continuing south past the Airport Spur to southbound I-94 will take a new ramp, and drivers will have to merge earlier.
Click here for more on these changes and click here for a description with maps.