Packers-Bears: Walker, Ill. Governor Set Bet Terms
Next game: NFC Championship on Sunday at Chicago
Packers Gameday at 12:00 p.m. on Newsradio 620 WTMJ with coverage on Live at 5 and 10 on TODAY'S TMJ4
MADISON - A Packers win in the NFC Championship Game over the Chicago Bears would mean Illinois' most powerful Bears fan would have to spend time serving in a Wisconsin food pantry wearing green and gold.
Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker and Illinois Governor Pat Quinn agreed to having the losing team's governor do that, along with flying the winning team's flag in their office for a day.
“I received a lot of great ideas on Twitter including having the Packer flag fly in Illinois,” said Governor Walker in a statement.
“I also received many tweets offering some of Wisconsin’s most famous foods as a wager. I’m grateful that win or lose, those food producers have committed to donating food to the pantry at which the losing Governor volunteers."
• A 10-pack of frozen custard from Kopp's, based in Milwaukee
• 50 pounds of bratwurst from Trig's, based in northern Wisconsin
• 10 Door County cherry pies with cherries from the Door County Visitor's Bureau
• A case of juice, a case of cranberry sauce and a case of sweetened dried cranberries from the Wisconsin State Cranberry Growers' Association
• Two large gift boxes and a case of honey from Wisconsin Natural Acres.
Walker predicted a 28-24 Packers win.