Veterans Day: Discounts for Vets
Restaurants and stores are offering a wide range of freebies and discounts for all U.S. military service personnel and veterans.
You must be able to show proof of your service, which includes:
• U.S. Uniform Services Identification Card
• U.S. Uniform Services Retired Identification Card
• Current Leave and Earnings Statement
• Veterans Organization Card
• Photograph in uniform or wearing uniform
• Citation or Commendation
And here is the list of offerings:
• Applebees: Free dine-in meal veterans at all Applebee's restaurants throughout the United States.
• Outback: Free "Bloomin' Onion and non-alcoholic beverage
• Golden Corral: Military Appreciation Monday 5:00pm-9:00pm November 15, 2010 to mark the 10th anniversary of Golden Corral's Military Appreciation Monday dinner.
• Chili's: All active duty military and veterans are invited to dine on Thursday, Nov. 11 all day, to receive a free meal.
• D.S.W. Shoe Warehouse: 10% military discount
• Chipotle: Discount varies, simply ask and have a valid military ID with you.
• Gap: 10% military discount 1st of every month (may vary by location; in-store only)
• Home Depot: 10% off Year Round, to active duty, active reserve, retired military, and immediate family. In-Store, just bring valid military ID
• Hooters: 10% off with military ID
• Lowe's: 10% off year round to active duty, active reserve, retired military, and immediate family. Just bring in a valid military ID.
• Macy's: 10% off on the first Tuesday of every month, 15% with a Macy's card.
• Tropical Smoothie Café: Free smoothies at stores in Brevard County and Martin County on Nov 11 with free 24 oz. smoothies as a way to say thank you to America’s veterans for their service.