Gene's Snow Team
When snow falls, Milwaukee tunes in to Newsradio 620 WTMJ for breaking weather information. This year, Morning Host Gene Mueller is taking our service to Milwaukee to a new level. Gene has rounded up a group of guys to hit the street during morning snow storms to plow the driveways of our listeners!
Stay tuned to Wisconsin's Morning News and listen for Gene to call-in Gene's Snow Team! When the team is onsite, you'll need to email email@example.com. If Gene selects your entry, you can stay inside and enjoy a clean drive thanks to Gene's Snow Team!
SNOWFALL TIPS & GUIDELINES
- Snow should be removed within 24 hours from the ending of the snowfall from public sidewalks
- Curb ramps, the portion of the public sidewalk that leads to the street crosswalk area, are considered a portion of the public sidewalks and therefore should also be cleared
- Shovel the public sidewalks at a width of at least three feet
- The areas around fire hydrants and catch basins should be cleared. In the event of a fire, if firefighters have to locate and shovel out fire hydrants precious time is lost
- If ice has formed, sand, salt, or other abrasive material should be applied to prevent slipping hazards
- Shoveling, plowing or blowing snow or ice from your property onto the road or alley is subject to a fine
- A "SNOW EMERGENCY" is declared through radio or television announcement when a full scale plowing operation in initiated. During these times stay tuned to Newsradio 620 WTMJ for the latest breaking weather information