Gene's Snow Team
When snow falls, Milwaukee tunes in to 620 WTMJ for breaking weather information. Once again this year, Gene Mueller is bringing back his personal Snow Team! In partnership with Winter Services and the Milwaukee Admirals, Gene will have a crew on the street during morning snow storms to plow the driveways of our listeners.
Stay tuned to Wisconsin's Morning News and listen for Gene to call-in Gene's Snow Team! When the team is onsite, you'll need to email email@example.com. If Gene selects your entry, you can stay inside and enjoy a clean drive thanks to Gene's Snow Team!
Click HERE for the current forecast from TODAY'S TMJ4
SNOWFALL TIPS & GUIDELINES
- Snow should be removed within 24 hours from the ending of the snowfall from public sidewalks
- Curb ramps, the portion of the public sidewalk that leads to the street crosswalk area, are considered a portion of the public sidewalks and therefore should also be cleared
- Shovel the public sidewalks at a width of at least three feet
- The areas around fire hydrants and catch basins should be cleared. In the event of a fire, if firefighters have to locate and shovel out fire hydrants precious time is lost
- If ice has formed, sand, salt, or other abrasive material should be applied to prevent slipping hazards
- Shoveling, plowing or blowing snow or ice from your property onto the road or alley is subject to a fine
- A "SNOW EMERGENCY" is declared through radio or television announcement when a full scale plowing operation in initiated. During these times stay tuned to Newsradio 620 WTMJ for the latest breaking weather information