Classic Free Ride Rules
The WTMJ Heiser Automotive Classic Free Ride Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
Promotion is open only to legal residents of Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana and Michigan, 18 years of age or older who have a valid U.S. driver’s license at the time of entry. Void outside IL, WI, IN, and MI and where prohibited by law. The administrator (“Administrator”) of this promotion is Journal Broadcast Group, Inc., d/b/a radio station WTMJ(AM). These official rules govern the WTMJ Heiser Automotive Classic Free Ride Giveaway (the “Promotion”)
I. HOW TO ENTER: Promotion begins on May 19, 2012 and ends on July 31, 2012 (“Promotion Period”). During the Promotion Period, there are two (2) ways to enter. Regardless of entry method, entrants are required to provide truthful information and Administrator will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. Administrator will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and Administrator will also delete any entry knowingly received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and as otherwise required by law.
Remote Appearance Entry Method
1) There will be up to thirty-two (32) two (2)-hour Register-to-Win remote appearances by Newsradio 620 WTMJ(AM) (each, a “Remote Event”). Each weekday at 6:40 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) during the Promotion Period on Newsradio 620 WTMJ during Wisconsin’s Morning News, host Gene Mueller will announce the date, time and location of the next Remote Event. Visit as many Remote Events as you like, complete an entry form at any or all of the Remote Events, while supplies last, and deposit it in the designated entry box to be entered.
2) Limit one (1) entry per person per Event. Each person my only qualify as a semi-finalist once.
3) All entries must be hand-written on official Promotion entry forms. Entries that have been reproduced and/or completed, whether mechanically or otherwise, are void. All entries become the property of the Administrator and will not be returned.
Last Chance Online Entry Method
4) One register to win opportunity will occur online at www.620wtmj.com from Friday July 27, 2012 at 7AM to Monday July 30, 2012 at 9AM (the “Online Entry Period”). During this period, listeners can register to win inside the “Loyal Listener Club” on the website. On Monday July 30, 2012, WTMJ will randomly select one (1) potential semi-finalist from all online entries submitted during the Online Entry Period. Only one entry is allowed per email address and one entry per person allowed during the “Last Chance” registration period.
5) The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible by assigning the email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Entries submitted will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Administrator. The contest administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Promotion. For purpose of this Promotion, a “Day” shall begin at 12:00:00 a.m.
II. SEMI-FINALIST SELECTION:
1) One (1) potential semi-finalist will be selected by random drawing following the end of each applicable Remote Event from among all eligible entries received during such Remote Event. Limit one semi-finalist per household. In addition, one (1) potential semi-finalist will be selected by random selection from all eligible online Last Chance entries received during the Online Entry Period. A total of up to thirty-three (33) semi-finalists for the entire Promotion Period from all entry methods.
2) The drawings will be held under the supervision of Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this promotion. Entries from one drawing will not “roll-over” into subsequent drawings.
3) Odds of being chosen as a semi-finalist depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable Event.
4) Potential semi-finalists will be notified by telephone and must be available to participate in the WTMJ Heiser Automotive Classic Free Ride Grand Prize Giveaway Event (“Grand Prize Event”) July 31 at 6:30pm at 10200 W Arthur Avenue, West Allis, WI 53227.
5) In the event Administrator is unable to contact any semi-finalist within 5 business days from qualifying event (or shorter time if qualifying event is conducted less than 5 business days prior to the Grand Prize Event), a semi-finalist is unable or unwilling to participate in the Grand Prize Event or if any semi-finalist is not compliant with these Official Rules, as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion, then such semi-finalist will be disqualified and their place as a semi-finalist may be forfeited and, at Administrator’s discretion, awarded to an alternate semi-finalist also selected by random drawing from all entries received in relevant qualifying event for the Event at issue. The alternate semi-finalist will be selected immediately after the semi-finalist and kept on record if needed.
III. GRAND PRIZE EVENT
1) All semi-finalists must attend the WTMJ Heiser Automotive Classic Free Ride Grand Prize Giveaway Event July 31 at 6:30pm at 10200 W Arthur Avenue, West Allis, WI 53227. All semi-finalists must be at the event and “checked in” with WTMJ (AM) staff, including a showing of valid government-issued ID, no later than 6:30pm. Any semi-finalist not at Heiser Chevrolet and checked in with station by that time will be immediately disqualified and will not have the opportunity to win the Grand Prize. No substitute will be selected for any such semi-finalists that are not properly checked-in at the Grand Prize giveaway as required herein. Semi-finalists must be present in person to win and may not send a substitute or representative person in their place. Must be present to win.
2) Three (3) finalists will be determined in a random drawing from among all eligible present and checked-in semi-finalists (Finalists will be selected at a pre-event at the WTMJ Heiser Automotive Classic Free Ride Grand Prize Giveaway event immediately before the official Grand Prize Event) on July 31 at Heiser Chevrolet.
3) Each of the three finalists will select a box from the three (3) boxes provided by Administrator. The order in which finalists will select boxes will be the same order in which they were determined to be finalists. One of the three boxes will contain a car key.
4) Each finalist will have a chance to open their box and see if the key is inside to win the 1969 Chevrolet Camaro.
5) The finalist, whose box has the key will be declared the Grand Prize winner, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules.
6) Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and (unless prohibited by law) publicity release within three (3) days of date of Grand Prize Event. Noncompliance with this time period or with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and, at Administrator’s discretion; an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from all remaining finalists.
7) Under no circumstances will more than one vehicle be awarded. In the event more than one finalist appears to have won the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected from among such finalists.
8) Key may not be transferred, removed from event site or modified in any way
1) Grand Prize (1): 1969 Chevrolet Camaro (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $30,000) selected by Heiser Automotive <Vin Number: 123379L510937> Winner is solely responsible for any expenses in connection with the prize not expressly described herein as being awarded including, without limitation, the following: (i) insurance, registration fees, delivery charges, dealer preparation fees, maintenance fees, tags, emissions inspection, freight, delivery, additional equipment and/or additional options, additions or equipment; and (ii) any and all taxes including income, federal, state and local taxes (iii) any additional expenses not described herein as being awarded. The winner must have a valid U.S. driver’s license issued in his/her state of residence and proof of insurance that is satisfactory to Heiser Automotive to take delivery and the deductible under the insurance must not exceed $500. The color, options, package, accessories, and other specifics will be at Administrator’s sole discretion and any changes or modifications to such requested by winner will be at winner’s expense if available. Winner must take delivery of the pre-selected vehicle at the Heiser Automotive dealership specified by Administrator. Administrator accepts no responsibility for repairing any real or supposed damage to any prize. All obligations must be met before Grand Prize Winner takes possession of the car. The Grand Prize Winner will accept the chosen prize vehicle "as is" and Administrator accepts no responsibility for repairing any real or supposed damage to any prize. If the Grand Prize is not available at sweepstakes end including vehicle color, a substitution of equal or greater value will be made at the Administrator’s choice. Neither Administrator nor the other sponsors have made or are responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to the Grand Prize vehicle, including without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose, with the exception of any standard manufacturer's warranty that may apply to the vehicle. Grand Prize Winner is responsible for all maintenance of the vehicle. Administrator is not responsible for Grand Prize Winner’s limitations that prevent acceptance or use of any prize.
2) Semi-Finalist Prizes (up to 33): Each semi-finalist will receive a commemorative Classic Free Ride T-Shirt valued at $20.
3) Administrator reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to any semi-finalist and/or guest if either engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Administrator. Prizes are non-transferable; no substitutions or cash equivalents allowed, except at the sole discretion of Administrator, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value.
4) Winners are responsible for all income, federal, state and local taxes as well as any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of a prize not specified herein as being awarded. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Administrator.
Winner will have to register the vehicle and pay sales tax
1) Promotion is open only to legal residents of IL, WI, IN and MI, 18 years of age or older who have a valid U.S. driver’s license at the time of entry.
2) Employees of Administrator, Heiser Automotive, Sponsoring locations and the respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, dealerships and advertising and promotions agencies, and immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the households of such persons, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win.
3) Void outside IL, WI, IN and MI and where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
VI. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
1) Participation in this Promotion and acceptance of any prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its designees to use each winner's name, city and state of residence and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
2) By participating, entrants agree to (i) be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator, which shall be final and binding on all matters; and (ii) release, indemnify and hold harmless Administrator, Heiser Automotive, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, prize suppliers, dealerships and advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) from any and all claims, liability and any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from or in connection with this promotion or the acceptance or use of any prize (including any harm or injury resulting from use of the 1969 Camaro), or any travel/activity associated herewith.
3) Releasees shall not be responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate, misdirected, damaged or stolen entries or for lost or stolen entry boxes, nor printing, typographical, technical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with this promotion, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the promotion, the processing of entries, the conducting of the Grand Prize Event, the announcement of the prizes or any promotion-related materials.
4) If for any reason this promotion (or any portion thereof) is not capable of running as planned due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this promotion, Administrator reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or any element thereof.
5) Payment of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Winners will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9( or the equivalent, including the winner’s full Social Security Number, for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by Administrator in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
6) Should the promotion (or any portion thereof) be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted and Administrator may, at its discretion, conduct a random drawing to select the semi-finalist for the Event at issue using all eligible, non-suspect entries received for the such Event as of the action requiring such termination. Administrator also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and void all associated entries) who tampers with the entry process or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any entrant or person to deliberately damage any Administrator web channel or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal or civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Administrator reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.
VII. WHO WON: To receive the name of the Grand Prize winner by mail (available after August 1, 2012), please mail a self addressed stamped envelope to: WTMJ Heiser Automotive Classic Free Ride Giveaway, 720 E Capitol Drive, Milwaukee, WI, 53201. Requests received after August 31, 2012 will not be fulfilled.
ADMINISTRATOR: Newsradio 620 WTMJ, 720 East Capitol Drive, Milwaukee, WI 53212.
SPONSOR: Heiser Chevrolet, 10200 W Arthur Ave, West Allis, WI 53227