If The Farmer's Almanac Say's It's True...
I am a voracious reader. I have several magazine subscriptions, and I usually have three books going at the same time. I even still subscribe to the newspaper... two of them. I basically read almost anything I can get my hands on.
Recently I was mailed a free copy of the 2013 Farmer's Almanac by the Publisher.
There is some kind of strange stuff in there and there is a lot of very interesting things as well. Check out these facts that are in the almanac.
- $1276: average spent annually by Americans on travel
- $36: average "extra" money a household has to spend every day
- $10,000: The value a mature shade trees adds to the value of a home.
- 58: percent of people who regularly sort their trash
- 83: percent of people who use a shopping list
- 2.8: percent of Americans who walk to work.
- 25.3 minutes: the average time it takes commuters to get to work.
- 100,000: kids who are 'unschooled" at home, without classes, textbooks, or tests.
Just stuff I thought was interesting.