20 Days of Football: With The First Pick In The 2010 NFL Draft...
The day after the NFL regular season ends is an incredibly busy day considering that the offseason has just begun for all but a dozen teams. There's no time to rest for anyone. Some teams are preparing for a Super Bowl run. Other teams are trying to figure out what went wrong in the 2009 season. Other teams are showing coaches and assistants the door and making way for a new regime. This is also the day that the NFL Draft preparations begin as the first 20 picks are set. Here's how the first two thirds of the draft will look:
1. St. Louis
3. Tampa Bay
5. Kansas City
10. Jacksonville (subject to coin flip)
10. Denver (from Chicago and subject to coin flip)
13. San Francisco
14. Seattle (from Denver)
15. NY Giants
16. Tennessee (subject to coin flip)
16. San Francisco (from Carolina and subject to coin flip)
19. Houston (subject to coin flip)
19. Atlanta (subject to coin flip)
The clear winner in the early going is San Francisco, coming off an 8-8 record (a one game improvement from 2008) with two first round picks in the first 16 slots.