What Redskins fans are saying after the loss
The Green Bay Packers improved to 1-1 following a 38-20 win over the Washington Redskins Sunday at Lambeau Field. Packers QB Aaron Rodgers equaled Matt Flynn's franchise record, passing for 480 yards and four touchdowns. The Packers led 31-0 in the third quarter before the Redskins responded.
Below are a collection of comments submitted to the Washington Post by Redskins fans following the game. As always, the comments have not been edited in any way.
- Even the so called bright spots the past two weeks have come in garbage time. RG3 did nothing until the score was 31 to 0 and it was basically the same way last week. the GB defense had obviously let up some by the time the Redskins did anything.
- It looked like the Green Bay offense was scrimmaging against a small college team.
- It isn't how you start a season...its how you finish it. Beating the Packers at home was an uphill battle regardless.
- the people in Green Bay were very nice to my daughter who was there to see the game in her burgundy and gold and didn't taunt her at all about how incompetent her beloved Redskins looked.
The best line of the day was by a Fox commentator that " RG3 plays more like R2D2 now"
But the point is Shanahan and media paid so much extra attention to an injured young rookie , they forgot about the TEAM.
- RGIII is not at fault, nor is he the answer.
- The problem isn't RG III. I don't care how sluggish your offense is. When the defense is giving up 300 yards passing the first half and an average of 35 points a game, you have problems on defense.
- R2D2 is a burned out has-been. Game over. How much have the deadskins sunk into that dude? Can they get rid of him and free up some money for some actual players?
- There is a bright side to all this. It looks to be a beautiful fall and we'll get to enjoy most of it outdoors, unencumbered by the allure of the game.
- If the Shanahan's want to make Griffin a pocket passer, they might as well replace him with Cousins, who can really do it.
- Football is very simple........If you CANNOT BLOCK or TACKLE, you CANNOT win. very simple. This team cannot do either.
- I like Cousins as much as the next guy, but he wasn't putting up 39 points against Green Bay today. I don't care how good we all think he is.
- The point of any game is to score. Not to prevent scoring. That kind of game where you depend on preventing scoring works sometimes but does not get you far.
- RG3 is not a pocket passer. He throws like Tim Tebow, when not on the run.
- The defense gives up over 300 yds in the FIRST HALF and you think RGIII is the problem!?!?!?!
- The "rust" excuse seems to have been ditched rather quickly. It was clear to me that RGIII was not 100% and he still isn't. Not even close.
- I predicted an 8-8 season this year; looks like that is optimistic.
- BOY some of you so called skins fans are a joke!!
- Everyone relax. It's only 2 games, they are only 1 game out of first.