Notes from Mike McCarthy's Wednesday press conference
With their third pre-season game scheduled for Friday, the Packers Wednesday practice consisted of the usual drill work in helmets and shells. The most notable absence from practice today was QB Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers was given the day off due to an illness and fully expects to practice tomorrow.
Below are some notes from Mike McCarthy's post-practice press conference.
- Will watch the tape of the other QB's at 3:00 today to see how they performed. There were some rough spots and bright spots.
- Vince is progressing. The ability to keep up with the language has been his biggest challenge, but he's getting it. More comfortable getting in and out of the huddle. Better composure.
- Young WR's have done a very nice job in practice. Some guys have had more opportunities than others.
- TE Matthew Mulligan will be challenged to play on Friday against the Seahawks.
- Jermichael Finley's approach has not changed. He is a joy to coach. He's a lot more mature after being here 5 years. Having his finest training camp. His relationship with Aaron is great...on same page.
- Will go through the "big board" for the first time on Sunday. Roster needs to be trimmed to 75 on August 27. All guys in locker room feel like they've had an opportunity to compete for a roster spot.
- Team has a lot of work to do. Not ready to play a regular season game yet. Will be ready come week one of the regular season.
- Only game on schedule he's "worried" about in regards to the weather is Cincinnati. Was 82 degrees and humid at practice today.
- Playing against Russell Wilson and the Seattle offense will be a great test. They have an established identity. Not even thinking about last season's game (unless reminded of it).
- Draft class looks great right now. A lot of players will have a chance to compete. Took 77 players to win Super Bowl...gonna need everybody.
Now off to the locker room! Sorry for any misspelled words.