Notes from Mike McCarthy's Tuesday press conference
After taking Monday off, the Packers returned to the practice field Tuesday morning. Below are some highlights from Mike McCarthy's post-practice media session.
- Liked today's practice after the day off. Both sides of the ball made big plays in the team periods.
- Eddie Lacy showed ability to move the pile in 2-minute drills...so did James Starks. Likes having big backs who fall forward.
- Lacy completed his pre-camp conditioning test without issue.
- CB's are a little nicked up...great chance for depth players to get a lot of snaps. Micah Hyde (5th round draft choice) has been strong since day one. Good to have Davon House back. CB will clearly be one of the most competitive positions in camp.
- Tramon Williams sat out practice. Timetable for return is not yet known. Might be a couple weeks.
- DL Mike Daniels appears to have more "pop" in his step. Looking to make a big jump from year one to year two.
- Backup QB battle will be a good one. Both Harrell and Coleman have put in all the extra work necessary...just a matter of having it translate to on-field work.
- Sam Shields has come to camp in good shape.
- Don Barclay will continues to get reps at center and tackle. He has earned the right to compete for a starting job.
- Mike McCarthy has his own burger at Curly's Pub. CLICK HERE to see which players also have their own burger, and how eating benefits charity.
Packers GM Ted Thompson will address the media later this afternoon. Thompson usually only speaks a couple of times during camp, so I'll make sure to post his comments here later on.