Mike McCarthy's post-OTA practice press conference
The Packers wrapped up day one of their final block of OTA practices Tuesday at Clark Hinkle Field. Below are some tidbits from Mike McCarthy's press conference.
- Today was the 7th installation. Great feeling to finish off strong and have the guys learn so much.
- Clearly further ahead of where they were last year at this time in regards to quality of work.
- New players have integrated better than in years past.
- Team has more of an edge this year. Seems to be a higher sense of urgency and leadership has been consistently good.
- Expectations for the run game: will sort itself out during training camp. Need to get in pads to find out what is real and what is perception. We will be better.
- Sam Shields did not participate due to personal reasons.
- DJ Williams needs to grow into a greater role this season. Injury to hamstring hurt him last season. He has big play ability. Very smart and instinctive.
- BJ Coleman needs to play faster. Likes his development in fundamentals. He's growing.
- Confident in QB situation behind Rodgers, but there is a lot of room for improvement. Harrell needs a good pre-season. BJ Coleman has a ton of talent, but needs for the game to slow down.