Notes from Mike McCarthy's Thursday press conference
The Green Bay Packers conducted their final practice of the week before departing for San Francisco on Friday afternoon. Mike McCarthy addressed the media following today's practice. Below are some quick version notes from his press conference.
DID NOT PRACTICE: Jerel Worthy, Jarrett Boykin
LIMITED AT PRACTICE: Randall Cobb (illness), Jordy Nelson
- Randall Cobb is still under the weather, but he's going to play. Has no worries about that.
- Was important for the team to get outside and practice today. Great spirit on the practice field today.
- Players seem to have too much energy...not a bad problem. Practice this week has been great.
- Vernon Davis is a player to be reckoned with. Has a unique skill set with combination of power and speed.
- Jordy Nelson was able to run vertically today and looked pretty good doing it. Feels good about his availability for Saturday.
- Season is an evolution. Starts with a composite of plays and concepts that are designed to exploit matchups. This weeks preparation is no different. Looking to find favorable matchups against the 49ers.
- Candlestick Park is a great atmosphere for a game. Not concerned about field conditions. Equipment guys will make sure players are properly fitted for correct shoes.
- DaJuan Harris has done enough to show his capabilities on tape.
- Depth at defense is very strong. Many young players have had the opportunity to play this season and have become better players because of it.
- Jeremy Ross is a good football player. Has done a nice job filling in for injured receivers this week, but primary role will be as a return man.
Now off to the locker room. I'll have more later on today.