Notes from Mike McCarthy's press conference
Green Bay Packers Head Coach, Mike McCarthy addressed the media after practice today. Below are some quick highlights from the session:
DID NOT PRACTICE: Nelson, Starks, Wilson, Saturday, Lang, Green, Crabtree, Walden, Worthy
LIMITED PRACTICE: Woodson, Cobb
- TJ Lang and Alex Green (concussion) should be OK to play on Sunday. Symptoms developed on Sunday.
- Not worried about the number of players who sat out.
- Woodson was very limited today, but not cleared to play yet.
- Make sure to buy a lot of diesel gas for your Arien's Snow Thrower! Will adjust schedule accordingly as it pertains to expected bad weather.
- Uncommon opponents means more film review. Need to build on momentum. Very important game.
- Jordy Nelson appears to be getting better - hopeful to play Sunday.
- Feels like guys missing time at the end of last season has been overblown. Giants flat out beat them. Wants guys on field and wants a healthy team, but won't force the issue.
- Walden was limited today do ankle injury. Has played a ton of snaps lately.
- Chris Johnson appears to be in prime form. He is a main focus for defense.
- James Jones is doing all the little things to win. Much better run blocker than a year ago.
- Brad Jones can do a variety of things well, but is finally able to stay inside and develop at ILB. He was a little undersized to play OLB, but worked at it. He's been a tremendous special teams players. Does little things right.
- Locker is a very athletic quarterback. Tough guy who can make all the throws.
Now off to the locker room to chat up the players.