Notes from Mike McCarthy's press conference
Mike McCarthy addressed the media this afternoon at Lambeau Field. Below are some notes from the session.
Those who did not practice: Clay Matthews, Mike Neal, Jordy Nelson, CJ Wilson, James Starks, TJ Lang
Those who were limited:Donald Driver, Terrell Manning, Sam Shields, Charles Woodson, Jeff Saturday
- Ryan Grant looks good, and appears to be in good shape. He got a standing ovation from the team.
- Grant can step right in
- Can't expect Grant to go out and play 60 plays, but will see what the practice week proves. Grant will be expected to play on Sunday.
- James Starks knee injury will keep him out for multiple weeks. Injury flared up on Monday...thought it was a bruise, but further testing proved otherwise.
- Woodson was able to do some things in practice today - encouraging sign.
- Alex Green has to be ready to accept a larger role in the offense. Thought Green played his best game of the season against Minnesota.
- Mike Neal has a shoulder injury and expects more information tomorrow. McCarthy does not feel good about his situation.
- Prepping for the Lions this week is a familiar situation given their recent matchup.
- TJ Lang does not feel good about his ankle. Doesn't appear as if he'll be able to practice this week.
- Team never seems to have a wavering attitude when players get inured. Self-pity is a waste of time.
- The Lions 4th quarter production was a point of emphasis during practice the first time around...will be a point of emphasis this time as well.
Apologies for any mis-spellings...things move pretty fast during his sessions. Off to the locker room to chat with the players.