21 Things That Went Right
You're still looking for silver linings, right? Michelle Malkin helpfully compiles a list of things that actually went well Tuesday. There are some surprises in here.
1. Republicans retained control of the U.S. House of Representatives.
2. Voters in Alabama, Montana, and Wyoming all passed measures limiting Obamacare.
3. Tea Party candidate Ted Cruz, one of the conservative movement’s brightest rising stars, overcame establishment GOP opposition to clinch a U.S. Senate victory in Texas.
4. Corruptocrat Beltway barnacle Rep. Pete Stark was finally kicked out of office in California.
5. Despite entrenched teachers’ union opposition, a charter school initiative in Washington state triumphed.
6. Despite entrenched Big Labor support, a radical collective bargaining power grab in Michigan failed.
7. Oklahoma voters said no to government race-based preferences in college admissions, public contracting, and government hiring....
16. Paul Ryan will return to Congress after winning re-election and continue to carry the torch for entitlement reform and budget discipline....
19.Across the country, Republicans reached a post-2000 record number of gubernatorial victories.
20. Conservatives who were devastated by the national election results demonstrated how to lose with dignity and grace. There will be finger-pointing and recriminations and soul-searching, but committed activists can’t and won’t lose heart. We’ll regroup, recover, and keep fighting for our country.
Our friend and commenter SteveEgg adds: “And you missed Rs retaking the WI Senate.”