skip to nav skip to content

FPO

Charlie Sykes: Sykes Writes

Obamacare's Wisconsin Sticker Shock

  • Print

Brace yourself. Via Forbes ,by 2016, individual premiums in Wisconsin will increase by an average of 30 percent. But, wait. it gets worse.

In addition, Obamacare will deeply cut Medicare Advantage for more than 300,000 Wisconsin seniors enrolled in the program. And 27 percent of Wisconsin physicians say that they will place new or additional limits on accepting Medicare patients. Read on for more details....

 

By 2016, according to Gruber and Gorman, “overall premiums will increase 30% on average” in the individual insurance market. As the table above shows, only 5.5 percent of Wisconsin residents will enjoy lower premiums, whereas the remaining 94.5 percent will face increases. 41 percent of Wisconsinites will face premium increases of 50 percent or more.

This site uses Facebook comments to make it easier for you to contribute. If you see a comment you would like to flag for spam or abuse, click the "x" in the upper right of it. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Milwaukee, WI

Overcast
62°
Overcast
Precip
20%
Humidity
44%
Wind
SSW at 8 mph
Alerts
0

620 WTMJ